Monday, May 3, 2010

Approve Me






When I was younger I can't say that I really had it bad growing u, because I didn't. My parents were together until I was 17, we lived in a huge 9bedroom house traveled everywhere, and anything I asked for I got it. I pretty much had it made. But I was so stuck on always getting my way I didn't no how to handle not getting my way and I always felt like it was the end of the world like I always felt that no matter what I did I was never good enough for my parents and that was just too much for me.


Like yeah I made it to the next grade BUT I didn't have straight A's.

Yes I made varsity cheerleading team BUT I wasn't the captain.

Yup I got voted into student council BUT I wasn't the president.

Ok cool I was on homecoming ballot BUT I wasn't the queen.


And whenever I did something it was JUST to get my parents approval and I never felt like I had it.

It frustrated me so much to know that I was trying my hardest at everything I did and in the end it wouldn't matter because nobody would care. But when my sister did anything the right way she was praised…only because she was also so bad.


What do people do in situations like this? Like what the heck are we to think after we have been overlooked?


I tried everything, I started out by acting out until I got the attention I wanted. That only lasted so long.


Eventually I realized the only approval I needed was within myself and with God. And as long as I'm happy with me and doing right by God then I wouldn't give a flying frock frat about what the heck the next person was thinking.


So thanks mom and dad for ignoring me unintentionally and allowing me to branch and grow into my own. I really do love you both for that.


But how does one become happy? Where do we find it? Can we find it?

Well…Until Next Time…


ROXy

No comments:

Post a Comment